And slowly but surely the simoleans started to roll in. Adrian was careful with his money - he still slept outside and spent his mornings and evenings taking advantage of Sunset Valley's many free facilities. He also invited himself around to his friends' houses, where he wasn't above sneaking a quick shower, a bite to eat, or even some quiet study time.

Soon enough Adrian was a big shot with a snazzy suit and he was loving life! He couldn't wait to get to work. Each morning, he would run from the gym to his office and was invariably the first to arrive.

Yet even Adrian could not keep this relentless pace up for ever. What he needed was the right girl to help take his mind off work. In Adrian's case that girl turned out to be someone he already knew. A girl he saw every week. A girl who wore a fetching maid's uniform. One day after cleaning his yard (Adrian still hadn't got round to building an actual house), Kate took the initiative.
"Hi Adrian".
"Heh?" Adrian reluctantly dragged his gaze from the business book he was reading.
"Hi" Kate repeated. "So I've finished work and I was just leaving". Kate casually leant back against the kitchen counter, revealing a few extra inches of thigh.
"Hmm... " Adrian's mind drifted away from corporate strategies as he focused on Kate's shapely body.
"Yeah, so I'll be going then. " Kate bent over to pick up her purse, which she had earlier dropped on the ground next to Adrian's chair, and moved to leave.
"No wait! Why don't you hang out for a while?"
Kate smiled "Sure I'd love to! Let me just change out of this silly maid's uniform." Adrian reluctantly nodded his agreement. Secretly he would have been more then happy for Kate to keep her uniform on.
And so a new routine began. Each day after work Kate and Adrian would hang out for a few hours. Their friendship grew and so did the tension between them. Their relationship was flirtatious but whenever Adrian made a move to be more intimate, Kate would adroitly slip away and find an excuse to leave.

One warm Friday evening, Kate stayed a little later then usual. They had just finished a bottle of wine or two and the conversation turned to Adrian's hopes for the future.
"One day I will rebuild the Quicksilver Estate and it will be as if the fire never happened" Adrian mused. "I'll replant the gardens and orchards. Build a swimming pool. Maybe some outbuildings. I remember the gardens best of all. I was only small when my parents died but I'll never forget playing on the great lawn behind the house."
"Yes" Kate added dreamily "I liked the orchards best. The smell in summer as the fruit ripened."
"Ah... the orchards" Adrian agreed. "Wait a second..." suddenly something occurred to him. "You mean you came here before the fire? When my parents were still alive?"
Kate glanced away guiltily. "Uh no... I didn't mean that" she stammered. "What I meant was the orchards at my grandparents house. I used to visit them when I was a little girl".
Adrian noticed Kate's flushed cheeks and looked suspiciously into her eyes "You never mentioned your grandparents before."
"Well there are a lot of things I haven't mentioned to you" Kate replied. She moved closer to Adrian and lightly placed her hand on his shoulder. Kate smiled invitingly into Adrian's eyes. "So tell me more about your plans for the future?"

Adrian was easily distracted by Kate's proximity. He was accustomed to her keeping him at arm's length. The feel of her warm body so close to his pushed all other thoughts out of his mind. He focused on the new sensations and automatically reached out to pull Kate closer. For once Kate did not resist. As she melted into his arms, Adrian forgot all about their earlier conversation. This was the moment he had dreamed about and now it was finally happening.
Some time later, as the sun was setting, Kate said good night. As she got ready to leave, Kate looked searchingly into Adrian's eyes. Was this a new beginning for them? Or was she just the latest in the long line of Adrian's conquests?

*********
great update. i hope he stays with Kate. :o)
ReplyDelete~SabrosaRose
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletewow! this blog leaves me wanting more ! great job (: i don't know about Kate though, she sounds dangerous but maybe thats what Andrian needs to keep him on his feet :D
ReplyDeleteI'm really enjoying this, and get to learn about S3 too. I hope I can remember to get back here to the story. (I'm reading at work.) Can't wait to see what the deal is with Kate.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I sense a mystery! :0
ReplyDelete